Word count: 117
Show the texts alone (bare mode).
Language: German (Deutsch)
Translation(s): DUT ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG ENG FIN FRE GRE HUN ITA POR SPA
List of language codes
See other settings of this text.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Walter Meyer) , no title, copyright © 1995, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emma Lazarus) , appears in Poems and Ballads of Heinrich Heine, first published 1881
- ENG English [singable] (Arthur Westbrook) , "The Loreley"
- ENG English [singable] (Samuel Langhorne Clemens) , "The lorelei", appears in A Tramp Abroad, Volume 1, Leipzig: Bernhard Tauchnitz, p. 123-4, first published 1880
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GRE Greek (Ελληνικά) [singable] (Christakis Poumbouris) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Rédey) , "Lorelei", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Margarida Moreno) , "A Loreley", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Alfredo García) , "Lorelei", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Ich weiß nicht, was [soll es]1 bedeuten
Daß ich so traurig bin;
Ein Märchen aus [alten]2 Zeiten
Das [kommt]3 mir nicht aus dem Sinn.
[ ... ]
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Liszt: "soll's"
2 Fibich: "uralten"
3 Fibich: "geht"
4 Fibich: "Des Berges Gipfel"
5 Liszt: "gold'nem"
6 Fibich: "sieht"
7 Fibich: "sieht nur nach ihr"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works