WARNING. Not all the material on this website is in the public domain.
It is illegal
to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
For more information, contact us at the following address:
Author: Luise Haessler (1866 - ?)
Texts set to music as art song or choral works [warning - not necessarily comprehensive]
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
Special notes: All titles and first lines are included in this index, including those used by composers.
Titles used by the text author appear in boldface. First lines appear in italics.
A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
- A great smith is grief FRE - Karl Weigl (Smith Grief)
- Blue night doth shine upon the lake below (Blue night)
- Blue night (Blue night doth shine upon the lake below)
- Come, gentle Death (Come, gentle death) - Karl Weigl ITA
- Come, gentle death ITA - Karl Weigl (Come, gentle Death)
- Encore (Now you are calm, beloved heart)
- Faith (Just as a flower, in lovely night) - Karl Weigl
- In the Cemetery at Staglieno (Oh maiden who dost fondle) - Karl Weigl
- Just as a flower, in lovely night - Karl Weigl (Faith)
- Love Rhymes I (Rise up, o river, rise, cover up thy willow) FRE
- Love Rhymes II (The cup doth ring. My heart's the cup's fashion!) FRE
- My eyes are strained - Karl Weigl (Sappho to Apollo)
- Now since the day FRE - Karl Weigl (The loneliest man)
- Now you are calm, beloved heart (Encore)
- Ode to Selene (Queen austere art thou of the moon, Selene) - Karl Weigl
- Oh maiden who dost fondle - Karl Weigl (In the Cemetery at Staglieno)
- Queen austere art thou of the moon, Selene - Karl Weigl (Ode to Selene)
- Rise up, o river, rise, cover up thy willow FRE (Love Rhymes I)
- Sappho to Apollo (My eyes are strained) - Karl Weigl
- Smith Grief (A great smith is grief) - Karl Weigl FRE
- The cup doth ring. My heart's the cup's fashion! FRE (Love Rhymes II)
- The day recedes, both joy and light grow pale - Karl Weigl (The day recedes)
- The day recedes (The day recedes, both joy and light grow pale) - Karl Weigl
- The loneliest man (Now since the day) - Karl Weigl FRE
Last update: 2016-09-12 18:56:16