Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Composer: (Aynsley) Eugene Goossens, Sir (1893 - 1962)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
Song Cycles, Collections, Symphonies, etc.
- Chamber Music
- Deux proses lyriques, op. 16
- The Joyce Book [multi-composer] (Treize à la douzaine) FRE
- no. 1. Tilly, composed by Ernest John Moeran (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 2. Watching the needleboats at San Saba, composed by Arnold Edward Trevor Bax, Sir (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 3. A flower given to my daughter, composed by Albert Roussel (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER ITA
- no. 4. She weeps over Rahoon, composed by Herbert Hughes (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 5. Tutto è sciolto, composed by John (Nicholson) Ireland (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 6. On the beach at Fontana, composed by Roger Sessions (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 7. Simples, composed by Arthur Edward Drummond Bliss, Sir (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 8. Flood, composed by Herbert Norman Howells (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 9. Nightpiece, composed by George Antheil (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 10. Alone, composed by Edgardo Carducci (Text: James Joyce) FRE GER
- no. 11. A memory of the players in a mirror at midnight, composed by (Aynsley) Eugene Goossens, Sir (Text: James Joyce) FRE
- no. 12. Bahnhofstrasse, composed by Charles Wilfred Orr (Text: James Joyce) FRE
- no. 13. A Prayer, composed by Bernard van Dieren (Text: James Joyce) FRE
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
Last update: 2019-05-08 19:11:13