Der Kramladen im Meere
Language: German (Deutsch)
In Meeres Mitten ist ein off'ner Laden,
Und eine junge Kaufmannsfrau darinnen,
Die feil hat golden Band und Seidenfaden.
Translation(s): DUT ENG ENG FRE
List of language codes
Submitted by Dr. Gerrit den Hartogh
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
[ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Robert Alexander Schumann (1810 - 1856), "In Meeres Mitten", op. 91 (Romanzen für Frauenstimmen (Heft 2)) no. 6 (1849), published 1851 [vocal sextet of 3 sopranos and 3 altos with piano], Bonn, Simrock.
- by Robert Alexander Schumann (1810 - 1856), "In Meeres Mitten ist ein offner Laden", op. 65 no. 7 (1847), published 1849 [TTBB chorus], from Ritornelle in canonischen Weisen, no. 7, Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel.
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "In volle zee, daar is een winkel open", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-07-03.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:08
Line count: 3
Word count: 19
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Au milieu de la mer il y a un magasin...
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
Au milieu de la mer il y a un magasin ouvert,
Et une jeune marchande dedans,
Qui vend des rubans dorés et des fils de soie.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2013 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2013-12-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:24
Line count: 3
Word count: 26