Language: German (Deutsch)
Ich habe wohl, es sei hier laut
Vor aller Welt verkündigt,
Gar vielen heimlich anvertraut,
Was du an mir gesündigt.1
Ich sagt's dem ganzen Blumenheer,
Dem Veilchen sagt' ich's stille,
Der Rose laut und lauter der
Doch hat's dabei noch keine Not,
Bleib' munter nur und heiter,
Die es gewußt, sind alle tot,
Und sagen's nicht mehr weiter.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Strauss ends this stanza with a semi-colon.
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "De verzwegenen", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Judith Kellock) , "The discreet ones", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Les discrets", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Confidenti discreti", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:29
Line count: 12
Word count: 60
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Sia detto chiaro,
e annunciato al mondo intero,
a molti ho segretamente confidato
i nostri peccati.
L'ho detto a tutta la schiera dei fiori,
l'ho sussurrato piano alla violetta,
l'ho urlato alla rosa e più forte ancora
alla camomilla dai grandi occhi.
Ma non c'è motivo di darsi pensiero,
stai pure allegra e serena,
quelli che lo hanno saputo, sono tutti morti,
e non possono rivelarlo a nessun altro.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2014 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2014-02-13.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:29
Line count: 12
Word count: 69