Seitdem dein Aug' in meines schaute
Language: German (Deutsch)
Seitdem dein Aug' in meines schaute,
Und Liebe, wie vom Himmel her,
Aus ihm auf mich herniedertaute,
Was böte mir die Erde mehr?
Ihr Bestes hat sie mir gegeben,
Und von des Herzens stillem Glück
Ward übervoll mein ganzes Leben
Durch jenen einen Augenblick.
Translation(s): ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Kevin Robert Andersen
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Richard Georg Strauss (1864 - 1949), "Seitdem dein Aug' in meines schaute", op. 17 (Sechs Lieder von Adolf Friedrich Graf von Schack) no. 1 (1887), published 1888 [high voice and piano], Hamburg, Rahter [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Friedrich von Wickede (1834 - 1904), "Seitdem dein Aug' in meines schaute", op. 109 no. 1, published 1886 [medium voice and piano], from Verwehte Blätter. Zwei Gedichte für 1 Mittelstimme mit Pianofortebegleitung, no. 1, Zürich, Hug [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "From the time your eyes gazed into mine", copyright © 2016
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Da quando i tuoi occhi nei miei hanno guardato", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 44
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Da quando i tuoi occhi nei miei hanno guardato
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Da quando i tuoi occhi nei miei hanno guardato,
E l'amore, come disceso dal cielo,
su di me ha deposto la sua rugiada,
cosa potrei chiedere di più alla terra?
Mi ha regalato la cosa migliore,
e della quieta felicità del cuore
s'è fatta ricolma l'intera mia vita
a partire da quel momento.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2014 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2014-02-13.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:29
Line count: 8
Word count: 53