Language: Italian (Italiano)
Voi vi state
Fra le foglie,
Le mie voglie,
Che son troppo ambiziose.
Translation(s): ENG FRE GER GRE IRI POR SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Débora Letícia Batista
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , title 1: "Violetas", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Pietro Sirena) , title 1: "The violets", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Die Veilchen", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , title 1: "Las violetas", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GRE Greek (Ελληνικά) (Κατερίνα Βουτσινά) , title 1: "Οι βιολέτες", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Les violettes", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Na sailchuacha", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:18
Line count: 10
Word count: 22
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
Humides de rosée,
Vous vous tenez
À moitié cachées
Dans les feuilles.
Et vous riez
De mes désirs,
Qui sont trop ambitieux.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2014-04-15.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:32
Line count: 10
Word count: 26