Mit Fried und Freud ich fahr dahin
Language: German (Deutsch)
Mit Fried und Freud ich fahr dahin,
in Gottes Willen,
getrost ist mir mein Herz und Sinn,
sanft und stille.
Wie Gott mir verheißen hat,
der Tod ist mir Schlaf worden.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Virginia Knight
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Warum ist das Licht gegeben den Mühseligen", op. 74 no. 1 (1877) [satb chorus], from Zwei Motetten, no. 1.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Kelly Dean Hansen) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Natalie Macfarren) , first published 1879
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:39
Line count: 6
Word count: 31
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works