Hun er saa hvid, min Hjertenskjær
Language: Danish (Dansk)
Hun er saa hvid, min Hjertenskjær,
Et mere hvidt ej findes der;
Jeg elsker hende, ej det sker,
At jeg kan elske hende mer!
Nu er hun død, min Hjertenskjær,
langt mere hvid hun smilerder!
Nu er hun død, o Hjertegru!
Og mer jeg elsker hende nu!
Translation(s): ENG FRE GER GRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) [singable] (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist) , title 1: "Sie ist so weiß"
- ENG English [singable] (Frederick Corder) , title 1: "My love she was so pure"
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "D'après une chanson russe", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GRE Greek (Ελληνικά) [singable] (Christakis Poumbouris) , title 1: "Λευκή κι αγνή", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:15
Line count: 8
Word count: 47
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Leykī́ ki agnī́
Language: Greek (Ελληνικά) after the Danish (Dansk)
Leykī́ ki agnī́ kai latreytī́,
Aneýretī ī leykáda aytī́.
Tīn agapṓ, ki aytó polý,
M’ agápī ateleíōtī!
Nekrī́ eínai pia, leykī́ ki agnī́,
Ki ī ópsī chaírei pálleykī.
Nekrī́ eínai pia, ō pṓs ponṓ,
Kai pio polý tīn agapṓ.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
Show a transliteration: DIN | ISO 843
Note on Transliterations
Show untransliterated (original) text
- Singable translation from Danish (Dansk) to Greek (Ελληνικά) copyright © 2014 by Christakis Poumbouris, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Christakis Poumbouris. Contact:
<chrispou (AT) spidernet (DOT) com (DOT) cy>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2014-07-09.
Last modified: 2014-08-12 17:45:41
Line count: 8
Word count: 39