Clair de lune
Language: French (Français) after the Chinese (中文)
Devant mon lit brillait la clarté de la lune
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in Finnish (Suomi), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown ENG SLN GER FRE by Seppo Nummi.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Hans Heilmann (1859 - 1930) , title 1: "In der Herberge" ENG SLN FIN FRE by Othmar Schoeck.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Otto Hauser (1876 - 1944) , title 1: "In stiller Nacht", published 1906 ENG SLN FIN FRE by Josef Eduard Ploner.
- Also set in English, a translation by Launcelot Alfred Cranmer-Byng (1872 - 1945) , title 1: "Thoughts in a tranquil night", from A Lute of Jade, being selections from the classical poets of China, published 1909 [an adaptation] SLN GER FIN FRE by Gena Branscombe.
- Also set in Slovenian (Slovenščina), a translation by Oton Župančič (1878 - 1949) , title unknown, copyright © ENG GER FIN FRE by Anton Lajovic.
Text added to the website: 2014-08-19.
Last modified: 2014-08-20 00:09:20
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works