Amarilli, mia bella
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Amarilli, mia bella,
Non credi, o del mio cor dolce desio,
D'esser tu l'amor mio?
Credilo pur: e se timor t'assale,
[Dubitar non ti vale.]1
Aprimi il petto e vedrai scritto in core:
Amarilli, Amarilli, Amarailli
è il mio amore.
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE GER IRI POR SPA SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
1 or "prendi questo mio strale"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Giulio Caccini (1546 - 1618), "Amarilli, mia bella", published 1601, from Le nuove musiche, no. 8. [
text verified 1 time]
- by Scott Gendel (b. 1977), "Amarilli, mia bella", 2002-2013 [voice and piano], from Italian Art Songs & Arias, Reimagined, no. 6. [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Katherine McGuire) , title 1: "Amaryllis, my lovely one", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , title 1: "Amarilli, minha bela", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Aminta Iriarte) , title 1: "Amarili, mi bella", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Diego S. Loyola) , title 1: "Amarilli", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Amaryllis, meine Schöne", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Shula Keller) , title 1: "Amarilli, beloved", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Amairillín, Ó, a Stóirín", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Amaryllis, ma belle", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2003-09-29T00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16T10:01:23
Line count: 8
Word count: 40
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Amairillín, Ó, a Stóirín
Language: Irish (Gaelic) after the Italian (Italiano)
Amairillín, Ó, a stóirín
an dóigh leat, ó a ansacht
gur tú mo ghrá geal
mo ghrá geal choiché’s go deo?
Creid mé go fíor: is má bhraitheann tú imní
Ná ceil ort an fhírinne.
Déan an t-ucht seo ’oscailt is feicfidh tú greanta im chroí:
Amairillín, Ó is ise mo mhian.
The material directly above falls under a Creative Commons license. Please read the license linked below if you wish to copy and distribute the above text, and remember to give credit to the author.
Text added to the website: 2014-11-29T00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-11-29T16:21:17
Line count: 9
Word count: 54