Siehe, wir preisen selig
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Latin
Siehe, wir preisen selig, die erduldet haben.
Die Geduld Hiob habt ihr gehöret,
und das Ende des Herrn habt ihr gesehen;
denn der Herr ist barmherzig und ein Erbarmer.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE
List of language codes
Submitted by Virginia Knight
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Warum ist das Licht gegeben den Mühseligen", op. 74 no. 1 (1877) [satb chorus], from Zwei Motetten, no. 1..
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Natalie Macfarren) , published 1879
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , Jacques 5:11, copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:21
Line count: 4
Word count: 29
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Zie nu, wij prijzen zalig die verdragen...
Language: Dutch (Nederlands) after the German (Deutsch)
Zie nu, wij prijzen zalig die verdragen hebben.
Van ‘t geduld van Job hebt gij vernomen,
En de uitkomst van God mocht gij aanschouwen;
Want de Heer is barmhartig en vol ontferming.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2015 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2015-11-03.
Last modified: 2015-11-03 16:48:21
Line count: 4
Word count: 32