Language: Italian (Italiano)
Il mio bene,
Il caro amante,
Chi mi dice ove n'andò?
A lui vola messaggiero,
Dì'che torni e che mi renda
Quella pace che non ho.
Translation(s): ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View text with footnotes
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 572.
The text appears in L'Angelica, parte I, Aria di Licori.
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Mauro Giuseppe Sergio Pantaleo Giuliani (1781 - 1829), "Ombre amene", op. 95 no. 1 [voice and guitar or piano], from Sei Ariette di Metastasio, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Luise Reichardt (1779 - 1826), "Ombre amene, amiche piante", op. 4 no. 1, from Sei Canzoni di Metastasio, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Ombre amene, amiche piante", D. 990F (1816?), song exercise without accompaniment, realized by Reinhard van Hoorickx; privately printed by Reinhard van Hoorickx [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (John Glenn Paton) , copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-03-25 03:38:52
Line count: 9
Word count: 32
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works