Ein' Gems auf dem Stein
Language: German (Deutsch)
Ein' Gems auf dem Stein,
Ein Vogel im Flug,
Ein Mädel, das klug,
Kein Bursch holt die ein.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Ein Gems auf dem Stein", op. 113 no. 8 (1859-63) [SSAA chorus], from 13 Kanons für Frauenstimmen, no. 8, Leipzig, Peters [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Alexis Holländer (1840 - 1924), "Übermuth", op. 34 (Drei Duette für 2 Sopran mit Pianoforte) no. 1, published 1887 [vocal duet for 2 sopranos with piano], Berlin, Schlesinger [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Een gems in de sprint", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Presumption", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Arrogance", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-04-02 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:04
Line count: 4
Word count: 18
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Een gems in de sprint
Language: Dutch (Nederlands) after the German (Deutsch)
Een gems in de sprint,
Een vogel die vliegt,
Een meisje gewiekst,
Geen knaap die 'rvan wint.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2015 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2015-12-02 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2015-12-02 13:06:50
Line count: 4
Word count: 17