Language: Italian (Italiano) after the French (Français)
È nero il ciel, la terra è bianca
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by Pierre-Jules-Théophile Gautier (1811 - 1872), "Noël", written 1861, appears in Émaux et Camées, first published 1863 ENG
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Paul Amiet, Alfred Bachelet, Jean-Albert Barès, René-Emmanuel Baton, as Rhené-Baton, J. Baudot, Robert Bernard, François Berthet, Frédéric Binet, Jean Boucher, Brian Boydell, Pierre de Bréville, Louis Brisset, L. Brocquier, Paul Bulot, Gaston Carraud, Alexandre Cellier, René Chansarel, Emmanuel Chaze, Lucien Chevaillier, Henri Classens, Auguste Cœdès, Édouard Condette, Arthur Coquard, Alfred Cosson, R. Cottier, A. Crevelliez, Albert Diot, Gaston Doin, José Antonio de Donostia, Théodore Dubois, Jacques Ehrhart, Rolande Falcinelli, Henry Février, Camille Fournier, Jean-Baptiste Ganaye, Philippe Gaubert, François-Auguste Gevaert, John Gilfedder, Charles Jean Baptiste Grisart, Jean-Marie Hamonic, Yvonne Hédoux, Lucien Hillemacher, Paul Hillemacher, Charles Lafontaine, Charles Lecocq, Jean Eugène Gaston Lemaire, Émile Louis, Damien Luy, Victoire Lyon, Alfred Mahy, Victor Massé, Georges Mathias, Pierre Maurice, Georges Meugé, Rollo Hugh Myers, Camille O'Méara Dubois, Georges-Louis Pantillon, Teresa del Riego, Jean-Baptiste de Rongé, Jules Rousseau, M. Schloss, Nikolay Aleksandrovich Sokolov, Jacques Soulacroix, Georges Spetz, Halsey Stevens, Georges Taconet, Marcel Trémois, J. Vincent, Anselm Vinée. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Leone Sinigaglia (1868 - 1944), "Natale", op. 6, published 1936 [four-part mixed chorus], Milan, Éd. Carisch
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation possibly by Henry Grafton Chapman (1860 - 1913) ; composed by Ernest Britt.
- Also set in English, a translation (H. F. S. ) by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ; composed by Cyril Bradley Rootham.
- Also set in English, a translation by H. H. Whitlock ; composed by Ezra Harold Geer.
- Also set in English, a translation by John Wheeler (N. S. W.) ; composed by Vera Buck.
- Also set in English, a translation by Alan Cander , copyright © ; composed by Anthony Strilko.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by M. Weinberg ENG ; composed by Victoire Lyon.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ; composed by Nikolay Aleksandrovich Sokolov.
Text added to the website: 2015-12-04 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2015-12-04 14:54:17
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works