Halleluja! Heil und Preis
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Latin
Halleluja! Heil und Preis,
Ehre und Kraft sei Gott, unserm Herrn!
Denn wahrhaftig und gerecht sind seine Gerichte.
Translation(s): ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Ferdinando Albeggiani
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Halleluja! Heil und Preis", op. 55 no. 1 (1870-1), published 1872, first performed 1872 [eight-part chorus, orchestra, and organ ad libitum], from Triumphlied, no. 1, Berlin, Simrock [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2008-08-16.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:51
Line count: 3
Word count: 18
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Alleluia: Salvation and honor and glory...
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Alleluia: Salvation and honor and glory be to our God:
For true and righteous are his judgments.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
Translator's notes: Text from Revelation 19:1-2
Line 1: Alleluia: from the Hebrew verb, to praise
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2016 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2016-02-09.
Last modified: 2016-02-09 18:50:20
Line count: 2
Word count: 17