Amarilli, mia bella
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Amarilli, mia bella,
Non credi, o del mio cor dolce desio,
D'esser tu l'amor mio?
Credilo pur: e se timor t'assale,
[Dubitar non ti vale.]1
Aprimi il petto e vedrai scritto in core:
Amarilli, Amarilli, Amarailli
è il mio amore.
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE GER IRI POR SPA SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
1 or "prendi questo mio strale"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Giulio Caccini (1546 - 1618), "Amarilli, mia bella", published 1601, from Le nuove musiche, no. 8. [
text verified 1 time]
- by Scott Gendel (b. 1977), "Amarilli, mia bella", 2002-2013 [voice and piano], from Italian Art Songs & Arias, Reimagined, no. 6. [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Katherine McGuire) , title 1: "Amaryllis, my lovely one", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , title 1: "Amarilli, minha bela", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Aminta Iriarte) , title 1: "Amarili, mi bella", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Diego S. Loyola) , title 1: "Amarilli", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Amaryllis, meine Schöne", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Shula Keller) , title 1: "Amarilli, beloved", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Amairillín, Ó, a Stóirín", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Amaryllis, ma belle", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:23
Line count: 8
Word count: 40
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Amaryllis, ma belle
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
Amaryllis, ma belle,
Ne crois-tu pas, ô doux dédir de mon cœur,
Que tu es mon amour ?
Crois-le donc ; et si la crainte t'assaille,
Douter n'en vaut pas la peine.
Ouvre mon sein et vois écrit dans mon cœur :
Amaryllis, Amaryllis, Amaryllis
Est mon amour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2016 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2016-03-04.
Last modified: 2016-03-04 17:18:03
Line count: 8
Word count: 48