Language: French (Français)
Dauphins, vous jouez dans la mer,
Mais le flot est toujours amer.
Parfois, ma joie éclate-t-elle?
La vie est encore cruelle.
Translation(s): ENG GER ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Claude Ballif (1924 - 2004), "Le dauphin", op. 1b no. 19 (1945-48), published 1994 [voice and piano], from Le Cortège d’Orphée, no. 19, Édition Durand & Fils [ sung text not verified ]
- by Louis Durey (1888 - 1979), "Le dauphin", op. 17a no. 19 (1919), from Le Bestiaire, no. 19. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Francis Poulenc (1899 - 1963), "Le dauphin", FP. 15a, from Le Bestiaire, no. 4. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Paolo Montanari) , title 1: "Il delfino", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "The dolphin", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Der Delphin", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-12-19 12:22:41
Line count: 4
Word count: 21
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: German (Deutsch) after the French (Français)
Delphine - tummelt spielend euch im Meer,
aber die Flut kommt bitter stets daher.
Vor Freude könnt’ ich manchmal schweben -
doch bitter zeigt sich dann das Leben.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2017 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2017-02-10.
Last modified: 2017-02-10 12:39:42
Line count: 4
Word count: 28