Del destin non vi lagnate
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Del destin non vi lagnate,
se vi rese a noi soggette;
siete serve ma regnate
nella vostra servitù.
Forti noi, voi belle siete;
e vincete in ogni impresa,
quando vengono a contesa
la bellezza e la virtù.
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "Del destin non vi lagnate", 1733, first performed 1733, from the opera L'Olimpiade [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Niccolo Jommelli (1714 - 1774), "Del destin non vi lagnate", 1761, first performed 1761. [strings, tenor voice, and continuo] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710 - 1736), "Del destin non vi lagnate", 1735, first performed 1735 [strings and tenor voice], from the opera L'Olimpiade, no. 5. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741), "Del destin non vi lagnate", RV 725 [strings, baritone voice, and continuo], from the opera L'Olimpiade [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Do not complain about destiny", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2018-05-12 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2018-08-14 21:03:32
Line count: 8
Word count: 37
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works