Language: German (Deutsch)
Verflossen ist das Gold der Tage,
Des Abends braun und blaue Farben:
Des Hirten sanfte Flöten starben
Des Abends blau und braune Farben
Verflossen ist das Gold der Tage.
Translation(s): ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Marius Flothuis (1914 - 2001), "Rondel", op. 15a [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Wilhelm Grosz (1894 - 1939), "Rondel", op. 11 no. 2, published 1922. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Arturo Milesi , "Rondel", published 1937 [mezzo-soprano and piano], from Drei Lieder, no. 3. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Juan María Solare (b. 1966), "Rondel", 2006. [voice, guitar] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "Rondel", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Rondeau", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Rondello", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2006-01-24.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:06
Line count: 5
Word count: 29
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
It’s passed away, the gold of days,
the evening's brown and bluish colors:
the shepherd's gentle flutes have faded,
the evening's blue and brownish colors;
it’s passed away, the gold of days.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2018 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Georg Trakl (1887 - 1914), "Rondel", appears in Traum des Bösen FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Marius Flothuis, Wilhelm Grosz, Arturo Milesi, Juan María Solare. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2018-12-05.
Last modified: 2018-12-05 12:37:34
Line count: 5
Word count: 32