Ave, Regina coelorum, Ave, Domina Angelorum: Salve radix, salve porta, Ex qua mundo lux est orta: Gaude, Virgo gloriosa, Super omnes speciosa! Vale, o valde decora, Et pro nobis Christum exora.
About the headline (FAQ)
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joseph (Gabriel) Rheinberger (1839 - 1901), "Ave, Regina coelorum
", op. 140 (Fünf Hymnen) no. 4. [chorus a cappella] [text verified 1 time]
- by Florent Schmitt (1870 - 1958), "Ave, Regina coelorum", op. 60 no. 2 (1917), published 1918 [TTBarB chorus and organ], from Five Motets with Accompaniment, no. 2, Paris: Durand [text verified 1 time]
- by Anton von Webern (1883 - 1945), "Ave, Regina", op. 18 (Drei Lieder für Sopran, Klarinette und Gitarre) no. 3 (1925). [text verified 1 time]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Josquin des Prez (c1440 - 1521), "Alma redemptoris mater / Ave regina caelorum" [four-part chorus], note: the top & bottom voices sing Alma redemptoris, the middle 2 voices sing Ave regina.
Set in a modified version by Guillaume Dufay.
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Salut, Reine", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (David Wyatt) , title 1: "Hail queen of heaven", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Wees gegroet, Koningin der hemelen", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:55
Line count: 8
Word count: 31