Bist du bei mir
Language: German (Deutsch)
Bist du bei mir, geh' ich mit Freuden
zum Sterben und zu meiner Ruh'.
Ach, wie vergnügt wär' so mein Ende,
es drückten deine lieben [schönen]1 Hände
mir die getreuen Augen zu!
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE IRI ITA SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
1 omitted by Bachlund and Stölzel.
Note: the misattribution to Bach is probably due to his including the song in his Anna Magdalena Songbook.
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "If you are with me", copyright ©
- ENG English (Gary Bachlund) , "If you be with me", written 2010, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Si tu es avec moi", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , "Dá mbeifeá liom", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Davide Bocelli) , "Se tu resti al mio fianco", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Aminta Iriarte) , "Si estás conmigo", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:16
Line count: 5
Word count: 32
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Si estás conmigo
Language: Spanish (Español) after the German (Deutsch)
Si estás conmigo, entonces felíz iría
a mi muerte y a mi descanso.
Ah, que satisfactorio sería mi final,
porque tus queridas manos cerrarán
mis ojos fieles.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2003 by Aminta Iriarte, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Aminta Iriarte. Contact:
<super_aminta (AT) hotmail.com>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2004-02-04.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:04
Line count: 5
Word count: 27