La pastorella al prato
Language: Italian (Italiano)
La pastorella al prato
[Col gregge]1 se ne và,
Coll' [agnelline]2 al lato
Cantando in libertà.
Se l'innocente amore
Gradisce il suo pastore,
La bella pastorella
Contenta ognor sarà.
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE POR SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Drammi Giocosi per Musica. Del Sig. Carlo Goldoni. Tomo Nono. Venezia, dalle stampe di Antonio Zatta e figli. Con approvazione, e privilegio. M.DCC.XCV. , page 104; and with Il Filosofo di Campagna. Dramma giocoso per musica da rappresentarsi alla corte elettorale palatina per comando del serenissimo Elettore l'anno 1756. Mannheim nella Stamperia Elettorale, page 118.
The text appears in Il filosofo di campagna, atto II, scena XVI (Lena's aria).
1 Schubert: "Contenta"
2 Schubert: "agnellino"
Submitted by Richard Morris and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Baldassare Galuppi (1706 - 1785), "La pastorella al prato", 1754, first performed 1754. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "La pastorella al prato", D. 513 (1817?), published 1891 [ttbb quartet with piano], first setting [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "La pastorella al prato", D. 528 (1817), published 1872 [voice, piano], second setting [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "La pastora a la prada", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Débora Letícia Batista) , "The little shepherdess", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "La bergère au pré", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , no title, copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Aminta Iriarte) , "La pastorcita", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-08-16 00:48:30
Line count: 8
Word count: 29
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Spanish (Español) after the Italian (Italiano)
La pastorcita va
felíz por el prado
con una ovejita al lado
cantando en libertad.
Si el amor inocente
fuese lo que gustase a su pastor,
La hermosa pastorcita
Siempre estaría felíz.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2003 by Aminta Iriarte, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Aminta Iriarte. Contact:
<super_aminta (AT) hotmail.com>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2004-02-04.
Last modified: 2017-08-16 00:49:35
Line count: 8
Word count: 32