Language: Italian (Italiano)
Mi fai languir,
Ti voglio amar.
Con la lunghezza
Del mio servir
La tua fierezza
Translation(s): ENG GER POR
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Antonio Caldara (1670 - 1736), "Sebben, crudele", 1710, first performed 1710, from the opera La costanza in amor vince l'inganno [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Scott Gendel (b. 1977), "Sebben, crudele", 2002-2013 [voice and piano], from Italian Art Songs & Arias, Reimagined, no. 4. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "Although, cruel love", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Obgleich, Grausamer", copyright © 2001, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "Ainda que, cruel", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:18
Line count: 8
Word count: 21
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Italian (Italiano)
du mich schmachten lässt,
will ich dich immer
Mit der Langmut
deinen Stolz zu brechen.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2001 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2004-05-29.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:07
Line count: 8
Word count: 24