Laß mich ihm am Busen hangen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Laß mich ihm am Busen hangen,
Mutter, Mutter! laß das Bangen.
Frage nicht: wie soll sich's wenden?
Frage nicht: wie soll das enden?
Enden? Enden soll sich's nie,
Wenden, noch nicht weiß ich, wie!
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Pilar Lirio
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Friedrich Klose (1862 - 1942), "Lass mich ihm am Busen hangen", op. 8 no. 6, published 1892 [mezzo-soprano and piano], from Verbunden. Neun Gedichte für Mezzo-Sopran mit Pianofortebegleitung, no. 6, Berlin, Fr. Luckhardt [ sung text not verified ]
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Lied der Braut II", op. 25 no. 12 (1840), published 1840 [voice and piano], from Myrten, no. 12, Leipzig, Kistner [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Richard Trunk (1879 - 1968), "Lied der Braut", op. 5 (Fünf Gesänge) no. 4. [voice and piano] [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Marta Garcia Cadena) , "La cançó de la promesa II", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Lied van de bruid II", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "The betrothed's song II", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Chant de la fiancée II", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 6
Word count: 34
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
The betrothed's song II
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Let me cling to his chest,
Mother, Mother! Stop worrying.
Don't ask: how shall it change?
Don't ask: how shall it end?
End? It shall never end,
change, I still don't know how!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2005 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2005-02-25.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:12
Line count: 6
Word count: 33