Language: French (Français) after the English
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in English by Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892), "A clear midnight" CAT GER GER GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Ernst Bacon, Eugene MacDonald Bonner, Philip Dalmas, Daniel Gilliam, Philip Glass, Ulf A. Grahn, James R. Hanna, Lee Hoiby, Alfred Kunz, Silvan Loher, Klaus Miehling, Michael Ostrzyga, Vincent Persichetti, Russell Platt, Lynnel Reed, James Rolfe, Harry Somers, Eva Ruth Spalding, Harry R. Spier, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Healey Willan, Alice Crane Williams. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in English, original text by Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892) , title 1: "A clear midnight" CAT GER FRE FRE GER by Lee Hoiby, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Ulf A. Grahn, Ernst Bacon, Eugene MacDonald Bonner, Philip Dalmas, Philip Glass, James R. Hanna, Alfred Kunz, Vincent Persichetti, Lynnel Reed, Eva Ruth Spalding, Harry R. Spier, Healey Willan, Alice Crane Williams, Daniel Gilliam, Michael Ostrzyga, Harry Somers.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist [an adaptation] CAT FRE FRE by Willy Burkhard.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT FRE FRE by Paul Hindemith.
Text added to the website: 2005-07-07T00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16T10:02:13
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works