Adoramus te, Christe
Adoramus te, Christe,
et benedicimus tibi;
Quia per tuam sanctam crucem
redemisti mundum .
Domine, miserere nobis.
Agimus tibi gratias,
rex omnipotens beneficiis tuis,
qui vivis et regnas per omnia
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE GER
List of language codes
View text with footnotes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Johann Gottfried) Heinrich Bellermann (1832 - 1903), "Adoramus te Christe", op. 11 (3 Motetten für 4 Singstimme a capella) no. 2, published 1866 [vocal quartet a cappella], Berlin, Trautwein [
text not verified ]
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Adoramus te, Christe", op. 37 no. 2, published 1866 [SSAA chorus a cappella], from Drei geistliche Chöre für Frauenstimmen (2 Sopran und 2 Alt), no. 2, Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "We adore You, Christ", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Wij aanbidden U, Christus"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Nous t'adorons, Christ", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2005-08-29.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:14
Line count: 10
Word count: 33
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works