Adoramus te, Christe
Adoramus te, Christe,
et benedicimus tibi;
Quia per tuam sanctam crucem
redemisti mundum .
Domine, miserere nobis.
Agimus tibi gratias,
rex omnipotens beneficiis tuis,
qui vivis et regnas per omnia
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE GER
List of language codes
View text with footnotes
Submitted by Emily Ezust
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Johann Gottfried) Heinrich Bellermann (1832 - 1903), "Adoramus te Christe", op. 11 (3 Motetten für 4 Singstimme a capella) no. 2, published 1866 [vocal quartet a cappella], Berlin, Trautwein [
text not verified ]
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Adoramus te, Christe", op. 37 no. 2, published 1866 [SSAA chorus a cappella], from Drei geistliche Chöre für Frauenstimmen (2 Sopran und 2 Alt), no. 2, Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "We adore You, Christ", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title unknown, copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Wij aanbidden U, Christus"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Nous t'adorons, Christ", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2005-08-29.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:14
Line count: 10
Word count: 33
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works