Ach Lieb, ich muß nun scheiden
Language: German (Deutsch)
Ach Lieb, ich muß nun scheiden,
gehn über Berg und Tal,
die Erlen und die Weiden,
die weinen allzumal.
Sie sahn so oft uns wandern
zusammen an Baches Rand,
das eine ohn' den andern
geht über ihren Verstand.
Die Erlen und die Weiden
vor Schmerz in Tränen stehn,
nun denket, wie's uns beiden
erst muß zu Herzen gehn.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ernst Bacon (1898 - 1990), "Ach Lieb, ich muß nun scheiden", c1920-23. [voice and piano] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Johann Nepomuk Fuchs (1842 - 1899), "Ach Lieb, ich muß nun scheiden", op. 6a no. 2, published 1884 [voice and piano], from Sechs Lieder aus dem Jungbrunnen v. P. Heyse, no. 2, Berlin, Schlesinger ; note: we've added an 'a' to the opus because this opus was used by another publisher a few years later [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Hans August Friedrich Zincke genannt Sommer (1837 - 1922), "Ach Lieb' ich muß nun scheiden", op. 17 (Sechs Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 5 (1885-91), published 1893 [voice and piano], Berlin, Ries & Erler [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Richard Georg Strauss (1864 - 1949), "Ach Lieb, ich muß nun scheiden", op. 21 no. 3 (1887-8), from Schlichte Weisen, no. 3. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Ach lief, ik moet nu scheiden", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Alas, my love, I must now part from you", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Hélas mon amour, je dois maintenant te quitter", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Ah, amore, devo andarmene", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-10-12 20:42:54
Line count: 12
Word count: 58
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Ah, amore, devo andarmene
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Ah, amore, devo andarmene,
via per monti e valli,
gli ontani e i salici,
piangono tutti insieme.
Ci hanno visto così spesso
andare insieme sulla riva del ruscello,
che una senza l'altro
non possono immaginarci.
Gli ontani e i salici
addolorati sono in lacrime,
ora pensate come
a noi due tocca il cuore.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2005 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Felix Ludwig Julius Dahn (1834 - 1912), "Ach Lieb, ich muß nun scheiden" DUT ENG FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Ernst Bacon, Johann Nepomuk Fuchs, Hans August Friedrich Zincke genannt Sommer, Richard Georg Strauss. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2005-10-16.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:15
Line count: 12
Word count: 53