Auf einen Totenacker hat mich mein Weg...
Language: German (Deutsch)
Auf einen Totenacker hat mich mein Weg gebracht;
Allhier will ich einkehren, hab' ich bei mir gedacht.
Ihr grünen Totenkränze könnt wohl die Zeichen sein,
Die müde Wand'rer laden ins kühle Wirtshaus ein.
Sind denn in diesem Hause die Kammern all' besetzt?
Bin matt zum Niedersinken, [und]1 tödlich schwer verletzt.
O unbarmherz'ge Schenke, doch weisest du mich ab?
Nun weiter denn, nur weiter, mein treuer Wanderstab!
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRI HEB ITA KOR SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Schubert: "bin"
Submitted by Ofer Sheinberg
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Reiner Bredemeyer (1929 - 1995), "Das Wirtshaus", 1984, first performed 1985 [baritone, horn, and piano], from Die Winterreise, no. 17, VEB Deutscher Verlag [
text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Das Wirtshaus", op. 89 no. 21, D. 911 no. 21 (1827), published 1828 [voice and piano], from Winterreise, no. 21, Haslinger
Listen to this song with the Artsconverge Player
text verified 1 time]
- by Johannes (Hans) Wolfgang Zender (b. 1936), "Das Wirtshaus", 1993 [tenor and small orchestra], from Schuberts Winterreise, no. 21. [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Arthur Rishi) , title 1: "The inn", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "De herberg", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "La locanda", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "L'auberge", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title 1: "L'hostal", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- KOR Korean (한국어/조선말) [singable] (곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack) , title 1: "여인숙", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRI Frisian [singable] (Pieter Wiersma) , title 1: "De Herberch", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (David Paley) , title 1: "The inn", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HEB Hebrew (עברית) (Max Mader) , title 1: "הפונדק", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) [singable] (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:43
Line count: 8
Word count: 66
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Ad un cimitero mi ha portato il mio cammino;
proprio qui voglio fermarmi, ho pensato fra di me.
Voi verdi ghirlande potreste essere il segno
che invita lo stanco viandante nella gelida locanda.
In questa casa, sono occupate tutte le stanze?
Sono stanco, cado a terra, ferito a morte.
Tu, oste senza pietà, mi cacci via?
E dunque avanti, avanti ancora, mio fedele bastone!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2005 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2005-12-16.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:16
Line count: 8
Word count: 64