Nun will die Sonn' so hell aufgehn
Language: German (Deutsch)
Nun will die Sonn' so hell aufgehn,
Als sei kein Unglück die Nacht geschehn!
Das Unglück geschah nur mir allein!
Die Sonne, sie scheinet allgemein!
Du mußt nicht die Nacht in dir verschränken,
Mußt sie ins ew'ge Licht versenken!
Ein Lämplein verlosch in meinem Zelt!
Heil sei dem Freudenlicht der Welt!
Translation(s): CAT ENG ENG FRE ITA POR SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Ara sortirà el sol ben lluminós", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Now the sun will rise as brightly", copyright ©
- ENG English [singable] (David Paley) , "Now would the sun so brightly shine", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Ora sorgerà il sole così luminoso", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Paulo Albuquerque de Noronha) , "Agora o sol quer nascer tão brilhante", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Elena María Accinelli) , "Ahora el sol saldrá tan brillante", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 51
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Ora sorgerà il sole così luminoso
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Ora sorgerà il sole così luminoso,
come se nella notte non fosse accaduta sventura!
La sventura è venuta solo a me!
Il sole splende a tutto!
Tu non devi rinchiudere in te la notte,
devi sommergerla nell'eterna luce!
Un lumicino si è spento nella mia tenda!
Salve alla luce di gioia del mondo!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
Translator's dedication: To Tommaso Onofri
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2006 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2006-04-05 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:18
Line count: 8
Word count: 53