Du schönes Fischermädchen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Du schönes Fischermädchen,
Siehst du den Abendstern?
O komm zur stillen Hütte,
Wer liebt ist einsam gern!
In deine Fesseln lege
Den trotzigen wilden Sinn,
Sanft wie die Rosenwalle
Lenk' ihn zum Frieden hin.
Da draussen auf dem Meere
Ist oft Getahr und Not,
Senk' in mein Herz den Anker
Von deinem Lebensboot.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View text with footnotes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
[ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DUT FRE by Giacomo Meyerbeer.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation possibly by Émile Deschamps (1791 - 1871) DUT ENG by Giacomo Meyerbeer.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist)
- FRE French (Français) [singable] (Émile Deschamps)
Text added to the website: 2006-05-31.
Last modified: 2018-06-13 14:52:04
Line count: 12
Word count: 53
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works