Das Röschen, das du mir geschickt
Language: German (Deutsch)
Das Röschen, das du mir geschickt,
Von deiner lieben Hand gepflückt,
Es lebte kaum zum Abendrot,
Das Heimweh gab ihm frühen Tod;
Nun schwebet gleich sein Geist von hier
Als kleines Lied zurück zu dir.
Translation(s): ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with: Uhlands Werke, Erster Teil, Gedichte, herausgegeben von Adalbert Silbermann, Berlin, Leipzig, Wien, Stuttgart: Deutsches Verlagshaus Bong & Co., [no year], page 86.
Submitted by Joanna Lonergan and Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Adalbert von Goldschmidt (1848 - 1906), "Albumblatt", published 1891 [voice and piano], from 18 Lieder und Gesänge für 1 Singstimme mit Pianofortebegleitung, no. 10, Berlin, Challier & Co. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Otto Horr , "Antwort", published 1881 [voice and piano], from Drei Lieder für Sopran (oder Tenor) mit Pianoforte -- für Alt (oder Bariton) mit Pianoforte, no. 2, Frankfurt a/M., Henkel [ sung text not verified ]
- by Josephine Lang (1815 - 1880), "Antwort", op. 11 (Sechs deutsche Lieder) no. 1 (1832), published 1845 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Kistner [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Charles Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921), "Antwort", 1854? [voice and piano] [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Reply", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "Réponse", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2005-03-23 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2016-04-17 13:23:26
Line count: 6
Word count: 35
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
The little rose that you sent me,
Picked by your dear hand,
It barely lived until sunset;
Homesickness gave it an early death.
Now its spirit shall soon drift away from here,
Back to you in the form of a little poem/song.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2006 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Ludwig Uhland (1787 - 1862), "Antwort", appears in Sinngedichte FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Adalbert von Goldschmidt, Otto Horr, Josephine Lang, Charles Camille Saint-Saëns. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2006-11-21 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:19
Line count: 6
Word count: 42