Language: German (Deutsch) after the Czech (Čeština)
Hinter jenen dichten Wäldern
Weilst du meine Süßgeliebte
Weit ach weit, weit ach weit!
Berstet ihr Felsen,
Ebnet euch Täler,
Daß ich ersehe,
Daß ich erspähe
Meine ferne, süße Maid!
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Sehnsucht", op. 49 (Fünf Lieder für eine Singstimme mit Begleitung des Pianoforte) no. 3 (1868), published 1868, first performed 1870 [voice and piano], Berlin, Simrock [
text verified 1 time]
- by Alexander Winterberger (1834 - 1914), "Sehnsucht", op. 59 no. 8, published 1877 [vocal duet for 2 female voices with piano], from Zehn deutsche und slavische Volkspoesien für 2 Frauenstimmen mit Pianoforte, no. 8, Leipzig, Kahnt [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Yearning", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "Desiderio", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Nostalgie", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Hunkering", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2003-11-05 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:58
Line count: 8
Word count: 30
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Di là da quei folti boschi
sei tu, mia adorata,
lontano, ah, lontano lontano...!
che io la veda,
che io la scorga,
la mia lontana, soave amata!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2007-04-29 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:21
Line count: 8
Word count: 31