Language: German (Deutsch)
Leise sank von dunklen Schritten der Schnee,
Im Schatten des Baums
Heben die rosigen Lider Liebende.
Immer folgt den dunklen Rufen der Schiffer
Stern und Nacht;
Und die Ruder schlagen leise im Takt.
Balde an verfallener Mauer blühen
Ergrünt so stille die Schläfe des Einsamen.
Translation(s): ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Harry Joelson
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Walter Abendroth (1896 - 1973), "Im Frühling", op. 29 no. 1 [baritone and piano], from Trakl-Triologie für Bariton und Klavier, no. 1. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Friedhelm Döhl (b. 1936), "Im Frühling", 1956, first performed 1980 [voice and piano], from Trakl Lieder, no. 1, confirmed with a CD booklet [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Wilhelm Killmayer (1927 - 2017), "Im Frühling", 1993 [tenor and piano], from Trakl-Lieder I, no. 5, Mainz, Schott [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Josef Schelb (1894 - 1977), "Im Frühling", first performed 1964 [soprano, flute, clarinet, 2 violins, viola, and violoncello], from 4 Gesänge nach Texten von Georg Trakl, no. 3. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Jan Stuten (1890 - 1948), "Im Frühling", published 1936? [low voice and chamber orchestra or piano], from Die vier Jahreszeiten, no. 7. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , "In Spring", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Au printemps", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "A primavera", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2007-07-29 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2016-06-20 16:16:42
Line count: 9
Word count: 47
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works