Language: German (Deutsch)
Wenn ich dich, Holde, sehe,
so glaub' ich keinen Schmerz,
schon deine blosse Nähe
beseligt dieses Herz.
Die Leiden sind zerronnen,
die sonst die Brust gequält,
es leuchten tausend Sonnen
der Lustentbrannten Welt.
Und neue Kräfte blitzen
ins trunkne Herz hinein,
ja, ich will dich beschützen,
ich will dein Diener sein.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Cavatina for a bass voice from the opera Alfonso and Estrella", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "Cavatina di Alfonso", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Alfonso's cavatine", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Cavatine", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:49
Line count: 12
Word count: 51
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Cavatina di Alfonso
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Quando ti vedo, o splendida,
non credo più al dolore,
già la tua sola vicinanza
fa felice il mio cuore.
Le pene si disperdono,
che mi affliggono il cuore,
splendono mille soli
sul mondo acceso di gioia.
E nuove forze lampeggiano
dentro il cuore ebbro,
sì, io voglio proteggerti,
voglio essere il tuo servo.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2007 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2007-09-20.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:27
Line count: 12
Word count: 54