The stars for many ages
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 8 FRE FRE RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Don Forsythe, Olivier Greif, Johanna Kinkel, Henry J. Lautz, Charles Fonteyn Manney, Montague Fawcett Phillips, Theodor Raillard, Oscar Strasnoy. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alfred Heller (b. 1931), "The stars for many ages", 1956. [voice and guitar]
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856) , no title, from Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 8 RUS ENG FRE ENG by Johanna Kinkel, Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Don Forsythe, Olivier Greif, Henry J. Lautz, Charles Fonteyn Manney, Theodor Raillard, Montague Fawcett Phillips, Oscar Strasnoy.
- Also set in English, a translation by James Thomson (1834 - 1882) , title unknown, from The poetical works, published 1895 RUS FRE by John Joseph Becker.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Wilhelm Aleksandrovich Sorgenfrei (1882 - 1938) , title unknown [an adaptation] ENG FRE ENG by Edison Vasilyevich Denisov.
- Also set in English, a translation by Charles Fonteyn Manney (1872 - 1951) , title unknown RUS FRE by Charles Fonteyn Manney.
- Also set in English, a translation possibly by Montague Fawcett Phillips (1885 - 1969) RUS FRE by Montague Fawcett Phillips.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown RUS FRE by Holway Atkinson.
Text added to the website: 2008-01-20.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:34
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works