Stars in heaven shining
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 8 FRE FRE RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Don Forsythe, Olivier Greif, Johanna Kinkel, née Mockel, Henry J. Lautz, Charles Fonteyn Manney, Montague Fawcett Phillips, Theodor Raillard, Oscar Strasnoy. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation possibly by Montague Fawcett Phillips (1885 - 1969) FRE FRE RUS ; composed by Montague Fawcett Phillips.
- Also set in English, a translation by James Thomson (1834 - 1882) , appears in The poetical works, first published 1895 FRE FRE RUS ; composed by John Joseph Becker.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE FRE RUS ; composed by Alfred Heller.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE FRE RUS ; composed by Holway Atkinson.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Wilhelm Aleksandrovich Sorgenfrei (1882 - 1938) [an adaptation] ENG ENG FRE FRE ; composed by Edison Vasilyevich Denisov.
Text added to the website: 2008-01-20 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2015-09-17 22:30:47
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works