Ich trat in jene Hallen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Ich trat in jene Hallen,
Wo sie mir Treue versprochen;
Wo einst ihre Tränen gefallen,
Sind Schlangen hervorgekrochen.
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Aline Hundt , "Ich trat in jene Hallen", op. 3 (Neun Stimmungsbilder) no. 5. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by P. G. Kulikowskii , "Ich trat in jene Hallen", op. 19 (Lieder) no. 3. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Alma Mahler (1879 - 1964), "Ich trat in jene Hallen", lost, cited in composer's Tagebuch-Suiten, Oct. 7, 1899 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Johann Vesque von Püttlingen (1803 - 1883), "Schlangenbrut", published 1851, from Die Heimkehr : 88 Gedichte aus H. Heine's Reisebildern, no. 19. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE by Ambrose Davenport.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
Text added to the website: 2008-02-21.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 4
Word count: 18
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works