Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Die Heimkehr, no. 33 CAT DUT FRE FRE ITA RUS FRE FRE GRE JPN
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Agathe Ursula Backer-Grøndahl, Rosa Bleiter, János Bókay, Ina Bottelier, Nadia Boulanger, Reiner Bredemeyer, Ignaz Brüll, César Antonovich Cui, Nicola Dmitrieff, Robert Franz, Boleslav Viktorovich Grodzky, C. Grossmann, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Cornelius Gurlitt, Wilhelm Heinefetter, Hans Hermann, Béla Hiloczky, Rafael Joseffy, Wilhelm Killmayer, Jan Bedřich Kittl, Otto Klemperer, Karl Krall, Paul Kuczynski, Alban Lipp, Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe, Dmitry Mikheyevich Melkikh, Tsuguji Murai, Friedrich August Naubert, Nekrassov, Victor Ernst Nessler, Gustav Neuhaus, Marlos Nobre de Almeida, Beate Novi, Hendrik Christian van Oort, Martin Plüddemann, Putiata, Ludwig Rottenberg, Joseph Rubinstein, Gerhard Rühm, Louis Samson, Clara Schumann, née Wieck, Alwin Schutzer, Nikolay Vladimirovich Shcherbachev, Marie L. Shedlock, Aleksandr Afanasievich Spendiarov, Bernhard Stavenhagen, Alfred Steinmann, Wilhelm Eugen Stenhammar, Alfred Tofft, Marie Vanden Heuvel, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Heinrich Weidt, Maude Valérie White. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE FRE ITA RUS FRE FRE GRE JPN by Mary Grant Carmichael.
- Also set in English, a translation by C. N. Scott CAT DUT FRE FRE ITA RUS FRE FRE GRE JPN by Horace Rumbold.
- Also set in English, a translation by Maude Valérie White (1855 - 1937) , "They loved each other" CAT DUT FRE FRE ITA RUS FRE FRE GRE JPN by Maude Valérie White.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG ITA RUS ENG ENG ENG GRE JPN by Robert Caby.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Émile Blémont (1839 - 1927) CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG ITA RUS ENG ENG ENG GRE JPN by Sylvio Lazzari.
- Also set in Greek (Ελληνικά), a translation by Manolis Kalomiris (1883 - 1962) CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE ITA RUS ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE JPN by Manolis Kalomiris.
- Also set in Japanese (日本語), a translation by Chuya Nakahara (1907 - 1937) CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE ITA RUS ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE GRE by Tsuguji Murai.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Mikhail Yur'yevich Lermontov (1814 - 1841) , no title CAT DUT ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE ITA ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE GRE JPN by Anton Stepanovich Arensky, Feliks Mikhailovich Blumenfeld, Nikolai Nikolayevich Cherepnin, Boleslav Viktorovich Grodzky, Dmitry Mikheyevich Melkikh, Nikolai Yakovlevich Myaskovsky.
Text added to the website: 2008-02-23.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works