Language: French (Français)
Le trésor du verger et le jardin en fête,
Les fleurs des champs, des bois, éclatent de plaisir,
Hélas! hélas! Et sur leur tête le vent enfle sa voix.
Mais toi noble océan que l'assaut des tourmentes
Ne saurait ravager
Certes plus dignement, lorsque tu te lamentes,
Tu te prends à songer.
Translation(s): ENG ENG GER GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Lively air", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Lebhafte Weise", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Lebhaftes Lied", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , title 1: "Lively song", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-10-27 17:30:43
Line count: 7
Word count: 52
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the French (Français)
The treasure of the orchard and the festive garden,
the flowers of the fields and woodlands burst with pleasure,
alas! Alas! And above them the wind raises his voice.
But you, noble Ocean that the assault of storms
could not ravage,
certainly, with more dignity, once you lament,
you lose yourself in dreams.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to English copyright © 2008 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann. Contact:
<BKottmann (AT) t-online.de>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-02-25.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:37
Line count: 7
Word count: 53