Nun ich der Riesen Stärksten überwand
Language: German (Deutsch)
Nun ich der Riesen Stärksten überwand,
Mich aus dem dunkelsten Land heimfand
an einer weißen Märchenhand -
Hallen schwer die Glocken.
Und ich wanke durch die Straßen
Translation(s): ENG FRE ITA NOR
List of language codes
Submitted by Jakob Kellner and Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- NOR Norwegian (Bokmål) (Marianne Beate Kielland) , copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Jakob Kellner) , title 1: "Now that I have overcome the strongest of the giants", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Maintenant que j'ai vaincu le plus grand des géants", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Adesso ho superato la più dura delle cime", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-05-12 05:24:59
Line count: 6
Word count: 28
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Nå overvant jeg det sterkeste trollet
Language: Norwegian (Bokmål) after the German (Deutsch)
Nå overvant jeg det sterkeste trollet,
Fra det mørkeste landet fant jeg veien hjem
ledet av en hvit eventyrhånd -
Klokkene gjaller tungt.
Og jeg vakler gjennom gatene
hemmet av søvn.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Norwegian (Bokmål) copyright © 2008 by Marianne Beate Kielland, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-03-27.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:39
Line count: 6
Word count: 31