What torture have I suffered
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Lyrisches Intermezzo, no. 47 FRE FRE FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Albert Ernst Anton Becker, Th. Bredsdorff, César Antonovich Cui, Don Forsythe, Giovanni Battista Gordigiani, Oskar Guttmann, Robert von Hornstein, Rudolf Horwitz, Imberd, Kachanov, Arseny Nikolayevich Koreshchenko, Ernst Hermann Meyer, Gottfried Preyer, Korstiaan Stougie, Anna Stubenberg, Gräfin, Sigismund Thalberg, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Georg Vierling, H. von Wallner. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE FRE FRE ; composed by Miss E. A. Glassford Bell.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist FRE FRE FRE ; composed by Alfred Heller.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Marc Legrand (1865 - 1908) ; composed by Francisco de Lacerda.
- Also set in Hebrew (עברית), a translation by Shlomo Tanny FRE FRE FRE ; composed by Shimon Cohen.
Text added to the website: 2008-04-03 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:39
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works