Language: German (Deutsch)
Den Wirbel schlag' ich gar so stark,
Daß euch erzittert Bein und Mark,
Drum denk' ich ans schön Schätzelein,
Ist seiner Augen Schein.
Und denk' ich an den Schein so hell,
Von selber dämpft das Trommelfell,
Den wilden Ton, klingt hell und rein:
Sind Liebchens Äugelein.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Leonard J[ordan] Lehrman) , title 1: "Little drum song", copyright © 1996, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "Canzoncina del tamburino", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Tamboerliedje", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Petite chanson du tambour", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:23
Line count: 16
Word count: 54
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Canzoncina del tamburino
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Faccio un rullo di tamburo così forte
che vi tremano le gambe fino al midollo,
perché penso al mio bel tesoro.
è la luce dei suoi occhi.
E se penso a quella luce così chiara,
da sola smorza la pelle del tamburo
il suono violento, ma suona chiaro e puro.
sono gli occhi della mia cara.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-04-11.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:40
Line count: 16
Word count: 64