Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), appears in Almansor: Eine Tragödie, first published 1821 ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Alfred Julius Becher, Wilhelm Dörr, Don Forsythe, Ernst Frank, Robert Franz, Caspar René Hirschfeld, Emil Nauwerk. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Arthur Foote (1853 - 1937), "Summer night", op. 53 (Four duets) no. 2, published c1904, rev. c1931. [duet]
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856) , title unknown, from Almansor: Eine Tragödie, published 1821 ENG ITA by Robert Franz, Wilhelm Dörr, Don Forsythe, Ernst Frank, Caspar René Hirschfeld, Emil Nauwerk, Alfred Julius Becher.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown ENG by Salvatore Auteri-Manzocchi.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown ITA by Christopher Edward Rowley.
Text added to the website: 2008-05-20.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:43
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works