Der Jüngling an der Quelle
Language: German (Deutsch)
Leise, rieselnder Quell, ihr wallenden, flispernden Pappeln,
Euer Schlummergeräusch wecket die Liebe nur auf.
Linderung sucht' ich bei euch, und sie zu vergessen, die Spröde;
Ach! und Blätter und Bach seufzen: [Elisa! mir zu.]1
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Deutsches Museum. Zweiter Band. Julius bis Dezember. 1786. Leipzig, in der Weygandschen Buchhandlung. Zwölftes Stück. Dezember, 1786, page 481; and with Gedichte von J.G. von Salis. Neueste Auflage. Wien 1815. Bey B.Ph. Bauer, page 149.
1 Schubert: "Luise dir nach!"; some recordings appear to have "Geliebte dir nach!"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title 1: "El jovencell a la font", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "De jongeman bij de bron", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Walter Meyer) , title 1: "The youth by the spring", copyright © 1995, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Le jeune homme à la source", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Il giovinetto alla fonte", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Mercedes Vivas) , title 1: "El joven en la fuente", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-06-27 13:17:08
Line count: 4
Word count: 34
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Il giovinetto alla fonte
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Fonte che leggera fluisci!
E voi pioppi che stormite ondeggiando!
Il vostro mormorio sonnolento
risveglia l'amore soltanto.
In voi io cerco conforto
Per scordarmi di lei, la ritrosa.
Ma le frasche e il torrente, ahimè,
Sospirano, Luisa [amore], per te.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-06-02.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:43
Line count: 8
Word count: 40