Eg hugsjuk er
Language: Norwegian (Nynorsk) after the English
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by George Gordon Noel Byron, Lord Byron (1788 - 1824), "My soul is dark", appears in Hebrew Melodies, no. 9, adaptation of I Samuel 16:14-23, first published 1815 DUT FRE GER GER GER GER RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Alfred Alexander, Jan van Amerongen, L. G. Barbour, Charles Auguste de Beriot, Samuel Bugatch, Noble Cain, Thomas Case, T. Davenport Chatterton, Thomas Childs, H. J. Coldwell, David Leo Diamond, John Lodge Ellerton, William Wallace Gilchrist, Arthur H. Gutman, J. Valentine Hall, Leonard J[ordan] Lehrman, James Nary, Isaac Nathan, Samuel Harold Oakley, C. E. Phillips, G. Pigott, Bryceson Treharne, Thomas Van Dyke Wiesenthal. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Danish (Dansk), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DUT FRE GER GER GER GER RUS ; composed by Jacob Deichmann Dahl, Carl Nielsen.
- Also set in Dutch (Nederlands), a translation by Nicolaas Beets (1814 - 1903) , "'t Wordt nacht in mij" FRE GER GER GER GER RUS ; composed by Lodewijk Mortelmans.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Léon de Béthune DUT GER GER GER GER RUS ; composed by Eugène Des Aubiez.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by (Karl) Wilhelm Osterwald (1820 - 1887) DUT ENG FRE RUS ; composed by Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Franz Theremin (1780 - 1846) , "Mein Geist ist trüb'", appears in Hebräische Gesänge, first published 1820 DUT ENG FRE RUS ; composed by Hugo Brückler, Joseph Gall, M. Henle, Johann Karl Gottfried Loewe.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Julius Körner (1793 - 1873) , "Die Laute", appears in Israelitische Gesänge, no. 9, first published 1821 CAT DUT DUT ENG FRE FRE ITA RUS ; composed by Robert Schumann.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , "Ein grauses Dunkel herrscht in meiner Seele", from Lord Byron's Sämmtliche werke: Nach den anforderungen unserer zeit, Volume 1, many translators, first published 1839 DUT ENG FRE RUS ; composed by Georg Schumann.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Adolf Böttger (1815 - 1870) , "Mein Geist ist trüb' -- o nimm geschwind", appears in Hebräische Melodien, no. 9, first published 1841 DUT ENG FRE RUS ; composed by Carl Georg Peter Grädener, Oskar Viktor Zack.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Mikhail Yur'yevich Lermontov (1814 - 1841) , no title DUT FRE GER GER GER GER GER ; composed by Mily Alexeyevich Balakirev, Anton Grigoryevich Rubinstein.
Text added to the website: 2008-07-22 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:48
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works