Daß ich dich verlohren habe
Language: German (Deutsch)
Daß ich dich verlohren habe,
Daß du nicht mehr bist,
Ach! daß hier in diesem Grabe
Mein Anselmo ist,
Das ist mein Schmerz! das ist mein Schmerz!!!
Seht, [wir liebten uns, wir]1 beyde,
Und, so lang' ich bin, kommt Freude
Niemahls wieder in mein Herz.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with ASMUS omnia sua SECUM portans, oder Sämmtliche Werke des Wandsbecker Bothen, I. und II. Theil. Beym Verfasser, und in Commißion bey Fr. Perthes in Hamburg. , pages 21-22; and with Poetische Blumenlese auf das Jahr 1774. Göttingen und Gotha, bey Johann Christian Dieterich, page 163.
First published in Der Deutsche, sonst Wandsbecker Bothe. Ao. 1773. No. 140. Mittwochs, den 1sten September.
1 Schubert: "wie liebten wir uns"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Aan het graf van Anselmo", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "By the grave of Anselmo", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Sur la tombe d'Anselmo", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Sulla tomba di Anselmo", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-02-15 03:44:43
Line count: 8
Word count: 45
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Sulla tomba di Anselmo
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Che io ti abbia perduto,
Che tu non ci sia ancora,
Ah! Che qui, in questa tomba,
Giaccia il mio caro Anselmo
E' questo il mio tormento!
Noi, lo sai, ci amavamo,
e, finché avrò vita, la gioia
non mi entrerà più in cuore.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Matthias Claudius (1740 - 1815), "Bey dem Grabe Anselmo's", written 1773, first published 1773 CAT DUT ENG FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Franz Peter Schubert. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2008-08-09.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:50
Line count: 8
Word count: 44