Schön war, das ich dir weihte
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Turkish (Türkçe)
Schön war, das ich dir weihte,
das goldene Geschmeide,
süß war der Laute Ton,
die ich dir auserlesen;
das Herze, das sie beide
darbrachte, wert gewesen
wär's, zu empfangen einen bessern Lohn.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Schön war, das ich dir weihte", op. 95 (Sieben Lieder für 1 hohe Stimme -- für 1 tiefe Stimme mit Pianoforte) no. 7 (1884), published 1884 [high voice or low voice and piano], Berlin, Simrock [
text verified 1 time]
- by Emil Krause (1840 - 1916), "Schön war's dass ich Dir weihte", op. 51 (Drei Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 3, published 1885 [voice and piano], Hamburg, Hoffmann [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Fair was my gift to you", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Era bello...", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:25
Line count: 7
Word count: 32
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Era bello, ciò che a te consacrai:
i gioielli d'oro.
Era dolce il suono del liuto,
che per te avevo scelto.
Il cuore, che entrambi
Li offerse, avrebbe ben meritato
Di ricevere miglior ricompensa.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-08-21.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:52
Line count: 7
Word count: 34