Es träumte mir
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Spanish (Español)
Es träumte mir,
Ich sei dir teuer;
Doch zu erwachen
Bedurft' [ich]1 kaum.
Denn [ach]2 im Traume
Bereits empfand ich,
Es sei ein Traum.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FIN FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Jenner: "es"
2 Brahms: "schon"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Eduard Behm (1862 - 1946), "Spanisch", op. 17 (Acht Gesänge für 1 Singstimme mit Pianofortebegleitung) no. 8, published 1899 [voice and piano], Berlin, Ries & Erler [
text not verified ]
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Es träumte mir", op. 57 (Acht Lieder und Gesänge) no. 3 (<<1871), published 1872, first performed 1872 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [
text verified 1 time]
- by Gustav Jenner (1865 - 1920), "Es träumte mir, ich sei dir theuer", op. 7 (Sechs Lieder für eine Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 3, published 1900 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "I dreamed", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "J'ai rêvé", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Mi accadde di sognare", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Milla Valkeasuo) , title 1: "Minä uneksin", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:25
Line count: 7
Word count: 24
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works