Snow may drift
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Snow may drift
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Die Heimkehr, no. 51, first published 1822 FRE ITA RUS RUS SPA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Franz Wilhelm Abt, Frances Allitsen, née Bumpus, Wilhelm Baumgartner, Jan Levolslav Bella, János Bókay, Theodor Bungard-Wasem, Christian Friedrich Ehrlich, Don Forsythe, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Arthur Hervey, Ferdinand von Hiller, Aline Hundt, Josephine Lang, K. G. Ochsner, Carl Piutti, Joachim Raff, Josy Schlageter, Korstiaan Stougie, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Mikhail Yur'yevich Viel'gorsky, Georg Vierling, H. von Wallner, Karl Weigl, Paul Platonovich Weimarn, A. C. Wertheim. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), original text by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856) , no title, from Buch der Lieder, in Die Heimkehr, no. 51, published 1822 RUS ENG ITA FRE SPA ENG by Frances Allitsen, Franz Wilhelm Abt, Jan Levolslav Bella, János Bókay, Karl Weigl, Theodor Bungard-Wasem, Don Forsythe, Friedrich Wilhelm Grund, Ferdinand von Hiller, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Aline Hundt, K. G. Ochsner, Carl Piutti, Josy Schlageter, Korstiaan Stougie, H. von Wallner, Paul Platonovich Weimarn, A. C. Wertheim, Mikhail Yur'yevich Viel'gorsky, Joachim Raff, Arthur Hervey, Wilhelm Baumgartner, Christian Friedrich Ehrlich, Georg Vierling, Josephine Lang.
- Also set in English, a translation by J. Wrey Mould , title unknown RUS ITA FRE SPA by Josephine Lang.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Vasily Vasil'yevich Gippius (b. 1890) , title unknown ENG ITA FRE SPA ENG by Edison Vasilyevich Denisov.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Nikolai Aleksandrovich Dobrolyubov (1836 - 1861) , no title, 1857 ENG ITA FRE SPA ENG by César Antonovich Cui.
- Also set in Spanish (Español), a translation by Teodoro Llorente Olivares (1836 - 1911) , no title, from Poesías de Heine: Libro de los cantares, in El regreso, no. 53, published 1885 RUS ENG ITA FRE ENG by Juan José Castro.
- Also set in English, a translation by Theodore Martin, Sir, KCB KCVO (1816 - 1909) , title 1: "Mag da draußen Schnee sich türmen" RUS ITA FRE SPA by Frances Allitsen.
Text added to the website: 2008-10-27.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:59
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works